1. The Crayola "Name the New Colour" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") July 1, 2017 and ends 11:59 PM ET August 31, 2017 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period will be divided into sixty-two (62) daily entry periods (each a "Daily Entry Period"). Each Daily Entry Period begins at 12:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59 PM ET the same day.
2. Open only to legal residents of Canada who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. A MINOR SHOULD HAVE HIS/HER PARENT'S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN'S PERMISSION TO ENTER. Void where prohibited by law.
3. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, go to http://www.crayola.ca/newcolour and enter your date of birth. Then, complete and submit the entry form by voting for a new crayon colour name from the five (5) colour names listed and providing your first and last name, complete mailing address, phone number (including area code) and e-mail address to receive one (1) entry. Limit one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, per Daily Entry Period. Eligible entries into each Daily Entry Period will be included in the Grand Prize drawing (as described in section 4). The maximum number of entries attainable per person for the Grand Prize drawing is sixty-two (62). If entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or e-mail address during any Daily Entry Period, only the first such entry received will be eligible for entry in that Daily Entry Period. Submission of erroneous or incomplete personal information will void the entry. All entries, whether or not selected as a winner, become the property of the Sponsor (as defined below) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber or authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules and all requirements set forth herein. "Authorized account subscriber" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Use of any automated system and use of any other devices to subvert the entry process to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification (and all associated entries will be void).
4. Random drawings will be conducted approximately one (1) day after the conclusion of each Daily Entry Period for the Daily Prize (as described below in section 5) from among all eligible entries received. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, a random drawing will be conducted on or about September 5, 2017 for the Grand Prize (as described below in section 5) from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing at issue. Non-winning eligible entries from one Daily Entry Period will not roll-over into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings, if any.
5. Daily Prizes (62 total, one (1) per Daily Entry Period): One (1) Crayola Air Marker Sprayer (Estimated Retail Value ("ERV") $29.99 CAN). Grand Prize package (1 for entire Sweepstakes Period): Grand Prize package consists of: One (1) Crayola gift package (products included to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV $100.00 CAN), a $1,000.00 CAN gift card (awarded in the form of a pre-paid debit card) (certain terms & conditions as specified by issuer apply) (ERV $1,000.00 CAN), and a trip for four (4) (winner and three (3) guests) to the Crayola Experience located in Orlando, FL USA. Trip consists of the following: roundtrip coach commercial air transportation from a major international airport nearest to winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor) to Orlando, FL USA; standard double occupancy accommodations for four (4) days/three (3) nights at a hotel designated by Sponsor (one (1) room); ground transportation to/from destination hotel and airport; and four (4) 1-day tickets to the Crayola Experience (maximum ERV of trip portion of Grand Prize package is $9,844.15 CAN). In addition, $1,000.00 CAN will be donated by Sponsor to the school art program of Grand Prize winner's choice (certain restrictions may apply, subject to approval by Sponsor). Total maximum ERV of Grand Prize package is $10,944.15 CAN. Actual value may vary based upon location of departure city and dates of travel, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. Total maximum ERV of all prizes combined is $13,803.53 CAN. Winners are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, provincial, territorial and local taxes and withholdings, and with respect to Grand Prize package, luggage fees, additional ground transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize or portion of a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Daily Prize winners will be eligible to win the Grand Prize package. TRAVEL CONDITIONS FOR GRAND PRIZE: If the winner resides within a one hundred (100)-mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. If, for whatever reason, the Crayola Experience is closed during dates of travel, no compensation or substitution will be provided, however remainder of prize package will be awarded and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent, on a carrier of Sponsor's choice within sixty (60) days prior to travel. Winner and guests must travel together on same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date.ÃÂ No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip.ÃÂ Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay.ÃÂ Each guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless he/she is the winner's child or ward. Guests (or winner, if guest is child or legal ward) must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Travel must be completed by August 31, 2018. If the potential winner is unable to complete travel before date specified by Sponsor, the Grand Prize package will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Time permitting, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to award prize to an alternate winner. Winner and guests are responsible for obtaining all travel documents required by airline and comply with all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Winner and guests must comply with all applicable Crayola attraction rules and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to deny admittance or remove the winner and/or guests if any engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Crayola attraction or appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. Employees of Crayola Canada ("Sponsor"), Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations.
7. Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and may be required to respond within three (3) business days of date of issuance. Prior to being declared a winner of a prize, the potential winners (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, to be administered by phone or e-mail. If a potential winner is contacted by phone, Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to leave one (1) message. In the event that any e-mail to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable, any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail or phone call/message is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance, a potential winner fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential Grand Prize winner will, and potential Daily Prize winners may be required, in the sole discretion of the judges, to sign and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents. Failure to return the declaration of eligibility and a liability release within the specified period will result in the disqualification of the selected entrant and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If any winner is a minor or at least eighteen (18) but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be required to comply with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein and if the Grand Prize winner such parent or legal guardian must accompany him/her on the trip as his/her guest. In the event a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Following prize verification and receipt of the required documents, the prize will be delivered at no cost. For the Grand Prize winner's selected school art program, an authorized officer of the selected school will be notified and required to execute and return a declaration of eligibility/liability and, unless prohibited, a publicity release form within five (5) business days of date of issuance. In the event the Grand Prize winner does not select a school art program, or the selected school does not complete the declaration of eligibility and a liability release within the specified period, is not eligible or declines the donation, Sponsor reserves the right to select a school art program of their choosing to receive the donation.
8. By participating, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judging organization, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as a winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO). PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY "IN THE BOX" WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH A PRIZE. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for any damage to entrant's or other person's computer, hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for entries that are lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for any prize that is lost, damaged, stolen, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Sponsor and/or the judging organization will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Every entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or if Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any entrant (and void his/her entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and at its sole discretion, if terminated, to award the prize(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for such drawing(s) prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU (AND, IF AN ELIGIBLE MINOR, YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AGREE THAT A) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY; B) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT ("FAA", Title 9 of the United States Code) IN ACCORDANCE WITH AND PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ("AAA RULES"); C) THE AAA RULES SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT AND ALL PROCEEDINGS AT SUCH ARBITRATION; AND D) JUDGMENT UPON SUCH ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WITH REGARD TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THEN WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR ENTRY, YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF THIS, AND ONLY THIS, PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES BY NOTIFYING THE SPONSOR OF SUCH OPT-OUT REQUEST BY PROVIDING WRITTEN NOTICE AND MAILING SUCH NOTICE TO: CRAYOLA "NAME THE NEW COLOUR" SWEEPSTAKES - ARBITRATION REJECTION, 4936 YONGE STREET, SUITE 1010, TORONTO, ON M2N 6S3. ANY OPT-OUT RECEIVED AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY TIME PERIOD WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM, IF ANY, VIA ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OPT-OUT OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY A FEDERAL OR PROVINCIAL COURT LOCATED IN ONTARIO, CANADA.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. The names of the winners (available after September 30, 2017) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Crayola "Name the New Colour" Sweepstakes - Winners/Rules (please specify which), 4936 Yonge Street, Suite 1010, Toronto, ON M2N 6S3, for receipt no later than November 30, 2017. Sponsor: Crayola Canada, Lindsay, Ontario K9V 4R8.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156 USA.Return to Sweepstakes